Click on the picture for some of the memorable shots of 2009.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I started working for an airline. I traveled for free on other airlines. I started a relationship that was long distance from the very beginning. I lost 30 lbs. I got my ATP.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't know that I had any resolutions, and I don't know that I will make any this year. I just want to stay healthy and keep balance in my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin's wife might have.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I don't think I went out of the country at all this year. I went to Puerto Rico to pick up a plane a couple of times, but that doesn't count.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More financial security. My own place. A car. You know, the basics.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 20, because that was the inauguration of Obama. Change! I also got my road bike around August 1st, which led to a huge improvement in fitness and quality of life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Meeting Anne-Marie was huge. Really, getting my ATP and becoming an airline captain was a major achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not moving out of my parents' house. Not being able to afford a car. Failed relationship with Abbey. 2009 felt like it had more success than failure, though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a couple of colds towards the end of the year that were rough on me. There was one bike crash that led to pain and soreness in my knee for a long time.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My road bike. Buying that led me to greater fitness and a renewed focus in my life. It also led to me getting on my mountain bike more, which has rejuvenated my soul.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I try not to let others affect me too much. Maybe Lance Armstrong for his comeback.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
See above. Don't think anyone really did much to me in that area.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Loan payments, bills, my car (RIP), and then bike stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Tour de France. Meeting Anne-Marie. That's it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance,
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner!
iii. richer or poorer? Hard to tell. I'm making less money, but I'm spending less, so it evens out.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I did more stuff outside than I did last year, and I think I need to do even more next year. Other than that, life is good.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd spent less time getting to places.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas flying around Quincy, IL and then going back to my hotel room this year. Not very exciting. I celebrated Christmas with my family in Rowley earlier in the week.
21. Where did 21 go?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched the Tour de France every day. Top Gear, 30 Rock, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother were the others.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Oooh, I did read more this year. Lance Armstrong's "It's Not About the Bike" was actually inspiring. I'm currently reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," and that's getting quite good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga? I hope I found something else. Let me check iTunes... Delta Spirit was really good.
28. What did you want and get?
More time outside of work. Anne-Marie! A road bike. Fit.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm. Good question. I don't think I saw many films this year. District 9?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. Jessica came over with a little beer and we played PacMan just like old times. It was really great.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I suppose it would have been satisfying to make enough money to have my own place and my own car. It would have been satisfying to race more and win. Really, though, I'm quite satisfied with this year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Uniform and dress pants. Occasionally a sweater. Unless I'm at home. Then it's shorts and a sweatshirt.
34. What kept you sane?
Biking. Definitely. The outdoors. Knowing that she was out there.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lance Armstrong and Lady Gaga.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Airport Security really bothers me. Turn the other cheek, right?
37. Who did you miss?
Wow, I miss everyone. I miss Kevin, Abbey, Jessica, Anne-Marie, Tidbit, Nicole, really all my friends from everywhere
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Anne-Marie, hands down.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Always make time for fitness. It will make you feel so much better in the short term, and immensely better in the long term.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Lyrics Language: English
Tweet this Song
Follow Mp3Lyrics on Twitter
Ingrid Michaelson You and I Lyrics:
don't you worry, there my honey
we might not have any money
but we've got our love to pay the bills
maybe I think you're cute and funny,
maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you,
if you know what I mean
Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France
let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters
and teach them how to dance
let's get rich and build our house on a mountain
making everybody look like ants
from way up there, you and I, you and I
well you might be a bit confused
and you might be a little bit bruised
but baby how we spoon like no one else
so I will help you read those books
if you will soothe my worried looks
and we will put the lonesome on the shelf
Ingrid Michaelson - You and I